Monday, October 25, 2010

My solo (soul) spot

4 days
1 day of searching, of being called to, of letting come to,
3 days of arriving and being... solo, blessedly alone and never lonely
Safe and found.
Relinquishing those tethers one by one
Finding my solo spot to be in and to take in
What is this spot that is waiting for me? Calling for me?
Did I dream it into being?
It has been within me all this time
and it will be in my heart and soul to be my refuge,
my place to go to to stay wild,
to be my promise to myself and the world, the one that it will kill me to break,
a reminder of what was, is and will be possible.
As I move from that wild world into this world,
as I am in-between,
making forays, getting overwhelmed and exhausted,
getting excited and sweet and joyful,
my solo spot is here with me.
Like one of those glass bubbles that has cities and landscapes inside and I can turn it over to let it snow.
The energy of the mountain cat on those ledges and in those caves
The energy of the forest and the sweet meadow queens and maidens
The energies of the aspens and proud pine trees, calling on kestrels to visit and perch and on cave bears to lumber and meander along
The stream with foxes and deers emerging from the branches and sun-dappled leaves
The water trickling with just enough fluidity to create and sustain life, curtains falling over stones, soaking into lush grass, remembering this raging river that could be.
The energies of the unrelenting sun, the moon, the rocks reflecting back the warmth stored during the day to keep me warm at night.
Tree trunks, shapes, looming rock creatures, all available in this bubble of my new and old solo spot....my soul spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment